The State of Texas is continuing to promote and increase the integration of renewable and clean energy into the Texas electric market. Reliable electric facilities must be in place to support increased levels of renewable energy and to provide efficient means for this electric power to reach consumers. Oncor has received a request to interconnect a new, proposed Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES) electric generation facility, located at a salt dome near Tennessee Colony in Anderson County, with the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) grid. Due to the required location of the generating plant site and its proximity to accessible existing transmission facilities, Oncor is proposing to construct a new double circuit 345 kV electric transmission line to interconnect the proposed plant to the electric grid. Completion of the new transmission line will provide the necessary interconnection to move essential additional generated bulk electric power to the Texas electric market.
- Voltage and Structure Type - The project is proposed to be a double circuit 345 kV transmission line constructed on steel lattice towers.
Project One Pager
- The New Bethel Energy Center Transmission Project One Pager
includes a short description of the project, approval process and contact information.
- Public Meeting - The initial set of Public Meetings were held on 11/19/2013 in Cross Roads and 11/21/2013 in Cayuga. Informational handouts were made available at the meetings which included an explanation of the project, map showing preliminary routes, proposed structures and the licensing process. A second set of Public Meetings will be held on 2/18/2014 in Fairfield and 2/20/2014 in Cross Roads. Updated informational handouts and maps will be made available at the meetings
- Application - On July 10, 2015, Oncor filed an Application at the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) under Docket No. 44672 to construct and operate the proposed project.
- Public Notice - A Public Notice announcing the filing of Oncor's application in Docket No. 44672 was published in the local newspapers on July 16, 2015. A notice was mailed or hand delivered to utilities, cities, counties and landowners potentially affected by the project.
- PUCT Decision - On September 25, 2015, the PUCT issued the final order for this project and selected the route shown on the approved route map.
Oncor representatives can be contacted regarding the New Bethel Energy Center Project at 214.486.7336.