As the state’s economy continues to grow at a brisk pace, it is important to take steps to ensure that a reliable electric system is in place to support electric load growth. Oncor continues to monitor load growth due to oil and gas production, transportation, mid-stream processing and associated support activities in the Permian Basin, located in West Texas. In order to address load growth associated with these activities, Oncor proposes to construct a new double-circuit capable 138 kV transmission line, approximately 11 miles long. The proposed project would interconnect the existing Littman Substation, located in northwest Andrews County near the southwest intersection of State Highway 176 and the Texas – New Mexico State Line, to the proposed Phillips Andrews Tap, to be located approximately 2.75 miles northeast of the intersection of Nelson Road and State Highway 176 in Andrews County. Completion of the Oncor project will achieve system upgrades that are necessary to serve existing customers and for future load growth that is projected to materialize in the Permian Basin, while generally adding valuable capacity to the entire transmission system. Completion of this proposed project will help to ensure continued reliable electric service to the entire local region.
• Voltage and Structure Type - The project is proposed to be a double-circuit capable 138 kV transmission line constructed on steel monopoles.
• Project One Pager - The Littman - Phillips Andrews Tap One Pager includes a short description of the project, approval process and contact information.
• Application - On April 10, 2017, Oncor filed an Application at the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) under Docket No. 46987 to construct and operate the proposed project.
• Public Notice - A Public Notice announcing the filing of Oncor's application in Docket No. 46987 was published in the local newspaper on April 20, 2017. A notice was mailed or hand delivered to utilities, cities, counties, and landowers potentially affected by the project.
• PUCT Decision - On June 26, 2017, the PUCT issued the Notice of Approval for this project.
Oncor representatives can be contacted regarding the Littman - Phillips Andrews Tap Project at 214.486.5619