As the development and growth in oil and natural gas production, midstream processing, and supporting industries continues, it is important to take steps to ensure that a reliable electric system is in place to support electric load growth associated with oil and nat ural gas industry activities. In this effort, Oncor Electric Delivery Company (“Oncor”) has proposed the construction of a new electric transmission line from the existing Oncor Wink-Loving 138 kV Transmission Line located in Winkler County, for approximately 2.5 miles to the proposed Balding POD, approximately 4.5 miles west of Wink, Texas and adjacent to State Highway 302, just west of the Targa Midstream Services Wildcat facilities Completion of this Oncor project will provide an effective means to provide necessary service to oil and gas industry electric load efficiently and reliably.
• Voltage and Structure Type - The project is proposed to be a double-circuit capable 138 kV transmission line constructed on steel monopoles.
• Project One Pager - The Balding POD One Pager includes a short description of the project, approval process, and contact information.
• Application - On August 16, 2017, Oncor filed an Application at the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) under Docket No. 47458 to construct and operate the proposed project.
• Public Notice - A Public Notice announcing the filing of Oncor's application in Docket No. 47458 was published in the local newspaper on August 23, 2017. A notice was mailed or hand delivered to utilities, cities, counties, DOD Siting Clearinghouse, and landowners affected by the project if approved by the PUCT.
• PUCT Decision - On October 27, 2017, the PUCT issued the notice of approval for this project and selected the route shown on the approved route map.
Oncor representatives can be contacted regarding the Balding POD 138 kV Transmission Project at 214.486.4717